Restore old baseband to same old baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gabriellanata, Dec 23, 2010.

1. gabriellanata macrumors newbie

Hi, i'm having some trouble with my baseband after I accidentally did a kind of double unlock by mistake and now it sometimes decides to stop working and I have to reboot the phone many times until it works.

To explain my situation better, I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 and baseband 01.59.00. I upgraded to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella to retain my baseband and be able to unlock.

Now that my baseband has begun malfunctioning, I wanted to make a restore so that everything worked fine again, but I cannot go back to iOS 4.0 because I didn't save my SHSH (I did for iOS 4.1). So I wanted to know if it was possible to do something to restore my baseband firmware but to keep a baseband that is unlockable or if my only choice is to wait until a new unlock comes for a later baseband.

2. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Once you upgrade the baseband, you can never "downgrade" it back to the old one. This was one of the risks detailed with the iPad 6.15.00 baseband upgrade.

3. gabriellanata thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to downgrade to the old one, I want to restore to the same one I have, just like doing a normal restore. The problem is that I have an older firmware than the one I should have for my OS.

And I have an iPhone 4, not an iPad

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Since you have your 4.1 shsh, simply use tinyumbrella to restore back to 4.1. This will not restore the baseband however since you are protecting it as part of the 4.1 restore. 1.59.00 was not part of 4.1 so it won't be restored when you do this.

I think you should just reinstall ultrasn0w.

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I don't think it's gonna work. If you use custom ipsw then it will reserve your BB but i think it means that it will just leave the BB alone while updating the iOS. Meaning IF the problem is the BB then it will still be there. I doubt BB has anything related to it though. Just try to uninstall utrasn0w and install it again.

6. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

The baseband does not just start to malfunction unfortunately. It is what it is.

Just do a new restore to 4.1 with a custom IPSW. That should fix it for you.