Restore Only SMS Through iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Enjoylife1788, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hey Guys,

I have an iPhone 5 running 6.1.2 and jailbroken. I want to backup and restore only my SMS to a factory restored iPhone. Is there any way I can do it?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

As far as I'm aware of, you need to restore from an iTunes backup to get back texts (on a stock iOS device)

3. Eonrike macrumors newbie

4. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

Did you ever find a solution for this? I just got a replace iPhone and I want to restore my SMS without restoring all of my apps. I'm trying to "clean house" so to speak. lol

5. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am afraid there is no easy way around this. What I finally did was that I backed up app data manually to the computer. If any of your games doesnt use icloud sync then there is no way to back that up unless you do a restore form backup.

Then I deleted all the apps from my phone and then took an icloud backup. Now this is almost what i would have wanted. Ya having to manually install the apps would be a pain. But i wanted a clean install like system without losing the messages. And this is the closest I could got.

Hope it helps. :)

6. Thefabo macrumors newbie

No. The whole backup including messages, contacts etc will be restored.

7. Dianner, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013

Dianner macrumors newbie

There's an app called iphone backup extractor or something that lets you extract only what you want out of a phone backup. I've never used it but I've heard good things.