Restore original system Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ultimateceej, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

I just downloaded candybar for the second time and tried to revert all my icons back to the system defaults but it seems that they were not backed up for some reason or other. Does anyone know how or where I can get them back??

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

if that feature is not working (i don't know why it wouldn't be. i have never used it but i trust it works...), you might try deleting each icon manually. you're supposed to be able to drag a custom icon out of each icon well to restore it to the system default. not the most efficient solution, but a solution nonetheless.

3. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Try dragging each icon out of the icon wells in candybar and see if the images restore to the original ones.

If not... I recommend searching for a Tiger-esque icon set or the original itself. Maybe on the Mac OS X install disk?

4. ultimateceej thread starter macrumors regular

ultimateceej

I tried dragging it out of the wells but the icons didn't revert back, probably because I had CandyBar, deleted it, then reinstalled. When I deleted it, i may have trashed all the backups of the originals. I found a set called Agua at IconFactory though that has the originals plus a few extra. Thanks.