Restore photos library from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by David R, Jul 10, 2008.

1. David R macrumors 6502

I have lost a bunch of valuable (to me) pictures but they are still in my iPhone. These are pictures that used to be in iPhoto, not pictures taken with the phone's camera.

I remember seeing some software out there for OS X that would let me restore the pictures. It was even free if I remember correctly. However, I can't seem to find it now.

Does anyone have any idea how I could save the pictures from my iPhone? I don't want to lose them when I upgrade to Firmware 2.0

2. BigladUK macrumors member

I don't know about the app your asking about I'm pretty sure when your pictures are copied across to the iPhone they are compressed and resized so they aren't going to be as good as they once were if you manage to recover them.

Good luck though

Si

3. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I can confirm that they are highly compressed versions of the originals. The originals aren't stored on the phone at all. I assume you don't have time machine?

4. David R thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I realize they are highly compressed, but a compressed picture is better than no picture at all at this point.

Yes, I had the time machine pre-ordered, but it wasn't shipping yet. The HD died a week before I received it. Such is my luck.

Anyway, I didn't find the one I had read about, but I did find this one: http://www.findleydesigns.com/ipodaccessphoto/index.html which for $12.99 saved all of my memories.

I feel a little better now. I hate the fact that Apple won't let us take OUR stuff off OUR iPhone.

I hope this helps someone else in the same situation.