Restore Previous System after getting the first OX wrong

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cayman, Mar 23, 2012.

1. cayman macrumors newbie

So I had a problem with laptop and reverted to the Archive & Re-install option when putting and OSX disc in. See, I bought the laptop with Snow Leopard on it. But I have only a Leopard disc. Re-installed with Leopard (probably a hasty mistake) but when did, again, selected Archive & Re-installed.

Solved the issue. But lost all my stuff/settings. Found a Snow Leopard Disc. Installed. Didn't give me any options - just a straight install.

My old applications - especially like Microsoft Office - aren't there anymore. I see the previous system folder and want/need to activate it. I do have a Time Machine Backup but from a month ago and would lose all my Microsoft Office + settings. Would like to use the previous system.

Is there no way to do this? Do I Need to re-install the Snow Leopard disc AGAIN?

When I go to Migration Utility Asst, didn't get an option to transfer "from another volume on this Mac."

Thanks for any and all help. Really appreciate it.

2. Great Scott macrumors newbie

Did you find a Solution?

Hi Cayman,

I was wondering if you found a solution to reestablishing your application(s). I made a similar "hasty" move, and now have all my apps in the Previous System folder. I'm wondering if I can simply move my Applications and Library folders into the new System folder to get my apps running again without re-installing/registering them again.

When I read your post I was sad to see no one responded with a solution.