Restore to 4.3.x, keep jailbreak, no SHSH. Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbddude, Sep 12, 2011.

1. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I currently have 4.3.1. SHSH is only saved for 4.3.5. Can i restore and retain the untethered jaibreak, without SHSH? I don't care if its 4.3.3 or 4.3.1 which is currently installed.

I plan to sell it and need to remove personal data.

2. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Are you jailbroken on 4.3.1? If not then you probably dont have the option to save SHSH, & if the only SHSH you have for your device is for 4.3.5, then you can only restore to 4.3.5 in the future (say if the device gets updated to iOS5)

If your SHSH is saved for 4.3.1, then you CAN downgrade. Im sure you know the steps (if not, ask)

You can only restore to the firmware you have SHSH saved for. So if you have none for 4.3.1, 4.3.3, then you cant restore to either.

3. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I am deleting everything manually then...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be the easiest way.
    If not you'd be stuck restoring to 4.3.5

5. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

If you have a Windows machine you can restore to 4.3.1 using iFaith. It will create a custom firmware with a signed 4.3.1 blob/SHSH file.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

Or you could use iFaith, dump the blobs on your device, and create a pre-signed firmware to restore to. That is the easiest method :)

And you could upload that somewhere, to send to the buyer, so that they would always have it! Good selling point IMO