Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccashman92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I recently purchased Adobe Master Suite and installed it to my MBP. I found that this was a mistake cause it cluttered my brand new MBP. So I uninstalled it and realized how cluttered my MBP is already. I was wondering is there away that I can clear everything and re-install the OS without slowing down the Mac in any way? Just like if it was new?

I know thats how PC's are and this is my first Mac so I don't know if that happens or not.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Is this a joke? How can you spend 2.6k on a software package and not understand what a behemoth each application is >.<

Anyway besides the acrobat launcher components and maybe the adobe air/flash stuff that gets installed, your mac won't simply slowdown because of a CS install. Yes, it will put stuff in all the nooks and crannies of your system but many packages do that (Final Cut, protools etc).

Adobe also has a cleaner tool that you can run to completely remove a creative suite install from a system even after you've already uninstalled with the built in utility. You can grab it here.

Though, having CS4MC, it does install alot of junk components if you let it do the default. Thats why I deselect all unessential language components and tool sets for apps that I don't use very often.

ccashman92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I didn't think it would completely clutter up my Macbook Pro. I installed it on my iMac but put it on my Macbook Pro incase I wanted to do some stuff while traveling.

My question still wasn't answered. If I restore my Mac using the install disk, will it slow my mac down at all? I know it does that to PC's.

mdnz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
The Netherlands
I didn't think it would completely clutter up my Macbook Pro. I installed it on my iMac but put it on my Macbook Pro incase I wanted to do some stuff while traveling.

My question still wasn't answered. If I restore my Mac using the install disk, will it slow my mac down at all? I know it does that to PC's.

No it won't since it restores to default settings, whiping all of your data. It doesn't slow down a PC either since Windows will be restored to its default state.

ccashman92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
No it won't since it restores to default settings, whiping all of your data. It doesn't slow down a PC either since Windows will be restored to its default state.

My PCs in the past have. So my Mac will run like new?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

No it won't. It doesn't do it to PC's either, I don't know where you got that erroneous idea.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004

Just as an advisory....

Master Suite gets mad at you if you install it on more than one computer, and will eventually stop working due to activation. You can deactivate and reactivate on a different machine, but you can only do that a limited number of times.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Master Suite gets mad at you if you install it on more than one computer, and will eventually stop working due to activation. You can deactivate and reactivate on a different machine, but you can only do that a limited number of times.

Actually your license allows you to have two concurrent licenses activated, one for your "desktop" or one for your "laptop".

ccashman92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Just as an advisory....

I know this. I just need to know if this restore will make my computer run like new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.