iPad Restore/Update iPad 2 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cyrilenri, Apr 10, 2012.

1. cyrilenri macrumors newbie

So i have my ipad 2 running on ios 5.0.1. The charging port where you connect the cable is broken. I can't charge nor connect to the PC. I'm thinking of returning it to the apple store since the warranty is still valid but it is jailbroken. I tried to use software update but it keeps on having an error. What can i do?

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

You could delete all content and settings. Doing this on a jailbroken iDevice means it will boot into recovery mode and will need to restore in iTunes. But I don't know if Apple would be to check if it still is jailbroken without restoring it.

3. aph3x macrumors member

This is going to be your best bet. Forcing the iPad into recovery mode will at least make the person at the Apple Store do a restore before working on it. AFAIK the only way the tech would know it was jailbroken would by by booting it up tethered using iBooty/Redsn0w/etc (0% likelihood)

4. OCDetails macrumors newbie

I had the identical issue on my wife's iPad 1. I put it into restore mode and ran it dead. They couldn't get it to charge nor turn on, so they just replaced it. That was one of three warranty returns I made on her device. Mine never has had an issue. The third time we returned it they didn't have any iPad 1G units, so they had to give her an iPad 2. That sucked because I had to wait four or five months before there was a jailbreak for it. That really sucked.

Anyway, long story short, just run the battery down and put it into restore mode. That will satisfy the techs if you still have it under warranty.