Restore/Upgrade Errors

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coryjb, Jul 11, 2008.

1. coryjb macrumors newbie

Is anyone having issues updating/restoring their iPod Touch to 2.0, even after paying $9.99 on iTunes for the update?

[​IMG]

What errors are you getting? If you were able to solve them, what did you do?

2. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

ive had that exact update and one that is the same but with (13) instead of (6).

3. Brin309 macrumors newbie

4. BoabSmith macrumors newbie

same here :mad:

5. fandsw macrumors regular

6. fandsw macrumors regular

Well, maybe my Windows background helped here: Rebooted everything, including my Mac Pro, and tried it again. Now it seems to be restoring okay........will keep y'all updated.

7. BoabSmith macrumors newbie

Mine is now working, lost everything that was on it all the same, but working.

Plugged it into my desktop and it sorted out the error.

Now to start the grim task of getting everything back on it

8. sseelman macrumors regular

Error 9

Received this while doing a standard install off iTunes. Any ideas? I am doing a restore now, so wish me luck.

Attached Files:

9. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Same Issues Here

Went into Restore and failed two times. I'm on my third after entire system re-boot. Off to the Genius Bar this afternoon if this is a no go. I hate it when you have to deal with all the "ground zero" questions from the Genius. I bet they put me on a list for a refurb.

10. coryjb thread starter macrumors newbie

11. fandsw macrumors regular

Mine finally is with 2.0, everything restored. The hard reboot of the Mac Pro apparently did the trick.

12. dmb8021 macrumors member

since I was getting an error that the backup failed, and whether I wanted to continue, i'll post this in here.

so I am about to update to 2.0, but before I do, I just to make sure about this. If my ipod touch has 24 gb worth of music/video/etc, then I need 24 gb of space on my hd to update to 2.0? Because I only have about 3 gb of free space left on my hd. So is it possible to get the backup to happen on my external HD?

13. dmb8021 macrumors member

anyone?

14. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Per a recommendation on this forum I tried a restore on my laptop. It worked giving me the previous OS version. I then tried it on my desktop and back on my laptop with 2.0 and each time error 6.

So in recap both my laptop and desktop worked with the old OS, but the new 2.0 is not working with my 16gb IPT (one of the original batch).

Good luck to everyone with the same issues. To the Genius Bar. Is this a sign from God to by an iPhone ;)

15. mark10197 macrumors member

I had the same problem. My mac ejected my ipod and I knew nothing was really wrong because I could see the menu on my ipod and then I went to the Appstore. then I plugged it in again and it restored properly.

16. 184550 Guest

Yeah, I got the exact same error message as the OP. After reading the responses, should I just disconnect my ipod and restart my computer and then try to restore?

17. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Long Day @ The Apple Genius Bar-Ends with New IPT

I hopped non the Internet this morning when my IPT 16GB bricked due to the 2.0 upgrade. Earliest appointment open was mid-afternoon. I went in two hours early thinking I might get lucky. The place was packed as you would expect with people buying iPhones left and right. Had to wait for my appointment of course with all those people. There were a few with new iPhone issues.

Apple Genius tried fixing the IPT from his computer and got the same #6 error message. Tried again, no joy. He gave me a refurb. and it seemed to work after he upgraded it to 2.0.

I took it home and it home and had more problems with the refurb. not wanting to synch. I I got the beach ball forever. Got out of that, and on re-boot of the refurb. it just hung on the Apple boot icon and the video starting going crazy with blue lines of death.

I took it back. Talked to the manager, and I got a new one at my request. They wouldn't do that when I had an issue with my original iPod. I guess I don't mind refurbs. but the new one made me happy.

18. solly1234 macrumors newbie

error 13

i got error 2003 first and now i am getting 13!(from the 2.0 software upgrade)

please if any one has any information on error 13 post in reply to me :)

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

Good to hear. I've booked an appointment for Tuesday when I'm in the states, so hopefully I can get mine replaced as well. The 3g iPhone will have to suffice until then. I'll probably live.