Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Bitter, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Bitter macrumors member

Well I know that if anything goes wrong while jailbreaking, just restore and everything will be normal again, I get that. But even though I jailbroke my iPod with no problems at all, my friend is having a harder time. She did everything up until running the windows.bat file, when she runs it, the black box pops up and disappears. So I figured...restart and try again. But when she clicks Restore, it says it will erase all music and stuff...so why restore if it will delete everything?

Bitter.

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

usually when i'm are hacking my iPhone I dont make itunes sync fully until after all the hacking is done and i'm sure i dont have to restore again.

just know that almost every time you do a hack that requires your computer, you'll probably have to restore, and thus, resync.

3. t0mster macrumors newbie

Have your friend run the windows.bat command from a command window. To do this:
    Goto Start->Run, type cmd and hit enter.
    The black command window should pop up.
    Type 'cd <path to windows.bat>' and hit enter, but replacing the actual path to where you extracted the windows.bat file. If its on your desktop it would be C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Desktop
    Now type windows.bat and hit enter

This will let you see any error that is showing up before the program is exiting, because once it exits it will still leave the command window open. You can begin to troubleshoot from there.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's just what a restore does. it RESTORES the iPod back to the way it was when you bought it. If it would leave behind information there would be a greater chance of there still being a problem with the iPod.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1