Restored After Jailbreak but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gosabres1984, Aug 4, 2010.

1. gosabres1984 macrumors regular

This is weird, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday, and I decided I didn't like it so I restored my iPhone.

While I was jailbroke, I downloaded from Cydia and used "Make it Mine" the app that allows you to change the carrier text, i changed it from AT&T to my first name, after doing the iPhone restore through iTunes tonight, ALL Cydia and Rock stuff is gone (as it should be), EXCEPT my carrier does not say AT&T it STILL says my first name...

Ideas?

2. crunchymilk55 macrumors member

3. gosabres1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I did restore as a backup, so does that mean some Jailbreak items still remain?

Also, I don't want to restore as a new phone, wont I lose all pics/apps ect...?

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Your pictures, apps, music, email are all saved onto your computer. The backup I believe saves your settings/text messages/ but I'm not sure what else.

But I remember jailbreaking either the iPhone 2G or 3G that I had and having the battery percentage be displayed. After restoring, it still stayed there despite my jailbroken apps and settings being gone.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Best thing for you to do is jb again, change the carrier name back, restore from backup. There will still be jb remnants when you restore from a "jailbroken" backup even though you might not see them. Do you have any pre-jb backups that you can restore from?

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Just don't restore from backup. All will be fine.

7. srexy macrumors 6502a

Had exactly the same problem. Just restore then when it tells you there are backups of phones in your iTunes choose the new iPhone option.

After that just sync the apps and so forth as you wish.

8. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

So I have a question.
    Does it make your phone any slower with a jailbreak??
    I did it on one of my old iPhone's, and it made it ALOT slower.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The OP needs to know that if he restores as new he will lose all settings within his apps. That might not be a big deal to some but it is to me and many others. You obviously won't lose the apps themselves, your music, pictures, etc. but setting your phone up as new will delete all data you have in your apps (favorites, settings, logins, customizations, etc.).

10. Chetoc230 macrumors member

settings > general > reset > reset all settings

it will fix the carrier name. had the same problem on a jb ipad.

no need to restore as new... unless you want to reload all your apps and organize again.

11. AaronE macrumors 6502

Reseting all settings from the phone used to work for the battery % so try it for this too.

12. gosabres1984 thread starter macrumors regular

This worked. Thank you.