Restored Computer - Forgot About iPod January Update - How To Get It Back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelixOmnimedia, Jun 12, 2008.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hi,

I need some help.

I restored my computer this morning, as all applications seemed to crash after running for a few minutes... everything seems fine now.

The problem is I forgot about the January iPod Touch update when I was saving all my files... now its gone. Anyone know how I can get it back?

Thanks for any help.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Unfortunatley if you did not have a backup of the .ipa file within the /Mobile Applications/ directory, and you have wiped your hard drive, you need to get in touch with iTunes Customer Service by visiting the following link:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/

Explain what you did and why you did it and i'm sure they will grant you a re-download.

However please be aware, this may be more difficult for iTunes to process/grant than in the past as currently, the January Software Upgrade has been completely pulled from distribution internationally, through iTunes with the announcement of v2.0 in Early July. It is no longer available to buy to new customers wanting the upgrade. Some people are speculating that is may be because the v2.0 software upgrade which will sell for $9.95, will include the January Software Upgrade. This is yet to be confirmed.

R-Fly

3. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Thanks for the fast reply.

I'll send them and e-mail and see what happens... I had no idea that it had been pulled from distribution, hopefully they'll grant me a re-download.

Thanks again.

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

they'll be more than happy to give it back to you, i'm sure. once i accidently deleted all of my music (purchased and nonpurchased) by restoring my computer. Of course they couldn't do anything about the nonpurchased music but they did let me redownloaded everything i purchased from the iTunes store for free.

5. mastershakess macrumors 6502

jailbreak touch and get all those apps for free, its even an option when you unlock touch to install Jan. Apps for Free

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

I've always had a good experience with their customer support, but they've recently changed their copyright rules. Now you can only download something once, and if you lose it you've gotta pay for it again. Since this would be internally-created content for them, there might be exceptions, but I really doubt it.