Restored iPhone and watch from backup...activity problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gdjsnyder, May 3, 2016.

1. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Alright, so I was having an issue with my phone and decided just to restore it to get it taken care of. Having done this before with the watch I knew what to do: unfair to create a backup, then create an encrypted backup via iTunes, restore and then restore the apple watch from it's backup. Fine, all of that is done and everything seemed fine, except now my activity rings (on the apple watch and the iPhone app) are not moving. I had 9 stand hours prior to restoring, 154 calories burned and 3 minutes in the exercise ring and that is exactly what I have now no matter what I do.

I went into a workout (indoor walk) and walked around until it hit 50 calories and then ended and saved the workout and still nothing, same numbers as before. However, the data from this watch is syncing to the Health app. For example, in the health app it says I did a 9 minute workout a few minutes ago, it says my active calories are actually 209 and it says my stand hours for today are at 11 now, instead of 9. It's just the rings are not budging. Anyone know what to do?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Have you restarted either device or unpaired and re-paired since then? If not, you should do this to see if that resolves it.

3. gdjsnyder thread starter macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried all of that. I reset the Apple Watch then the iPhone and then both at the same time. And then I tried doing to reset of the settings on the Apple Watch and then I unpaired and repaired (from backup) and still nothing. I'm afraid I'll have to start as a new Apple Watch and then lose all of today which will make me lose my 200+ day streak and all that jazz. I don't know. I don't understand how the health app is syncing all this information just fine, active calories, stand hours all of it but the complication nor the iPhone app are updating.

4. comics addict macrumors 6502a

I experienced something similar when I did set up my watch as new. Give it until tomorrow and you'll probably see that they start been back in sync for some reason.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As what the above posted stated. Once tomorrow comes, it should be back in sync. Had the same problem a while back.