Restored iPhone - Lost Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cindywhoville, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Cindywhoville macrumors newbie

I had to do a restore from back up - once finished I realized I had zero music on my phone. I figured out why - none of my music was actually purchased in itunes. Yet all the music remains listed in my library. I assume I have to re-import them somehow then sync my phone? Please someone give me the steps I need to do here. Thanks!

2. mtvalenz macrumors newbie

Do you have iCloud music? Try setting-Music-Library-iCloud music library. Turn slider on if it's off. Same thing happened to me, but I have iCloud music

3. Cindywhoville thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently my back up was on my pc, not the Cloud. I did a restore from back up. All the music is showing on the itunes library, but will NOT transfer over to my phone! I've been trying everything and nothing works.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

where did you get the music. If you do not have the original CDs you might have a problem. Apple wants you to buy the music from them or have your disks.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When you restore the phone, that only brings back your OS. You need sync it with iTunes to copy the digital content back over. I had restore my phone this weekend and I sat there while the apps and music were copied.

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Happens to me all the time. I always manually manage my music. What I do is just drag and drop from the iTunes library onto my phone. Easier than syncing as that just messes everything up.

7. Cindywhoville thread starter macrumors newbie

This music wasn't purchased through iTunes. However, for some reason, suddenly it was all there! I don't even know how I fixed the issue, or if it just took a long time to come up. At the same time, it was installing a new version of itunes....so now I have a back up on my pc, external HD and the Cloud...lol...and not really any idea how to use them :D

8. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Music isn't backed up - it might have been there depending upon how you sync. If you do wireless sync then it will sync music and other stuff back - or you can do an iTunes plugged in sync as was stated