restored iphone still getting error message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redgaz26, Sep 12, 2008.

1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

so while updating to 2.1 i was getting error messages, I went for a restore and im still getting them what else can i do????????????

2. MJFlash macrumors member

Hi, Redgaz26,

You'll have to tell us a little bit more to be able to help. Are you PC or Mac? Running iTunes 8, or an older version. What error got reported then? When you say restore, did you click the Restore button, or the Restore from Backup button? If all else fails, do a DFU restore, as documented here.

Best of luck!
    Mark

3. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

this must be the best tip ever..................
    restart your mac no more error messages!
    nothing to do with the iphone, just restart your mac:D:D:D:D

and no offence flash but you need itunes 8 to get the update!!!!!!
    (sorry this has been a long 3 hours)

4. machead33 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue with the last upgrade.
    I downloaded 2.1, and after iTunes 8 extracted the software I get a "the phone could not be restored, and unknown error occurred (6).

I restarted the computer, restarted iTunes. My phone has a white screen now. I tried holding down the home button, the power button and both.

Help!

I have a G4 Macbook Pro, iPhone first generation, iTunes 8.

Machead33:mad:

I am answering my own post here for the sake of others.
    I left the phone on a for while (white screen), and clicked the power button (turned black, then white again). They iTunes wanted to restore again, and again failed. After maybe 10 times, I now have the Apple logo on a black screen and iTunes says it is restoring the iphone software.

Hope this helps. My guess is that some process had to quit inside the phone, so it took a while.

Machead33