Restored iPod Touch, Now Apps Won't Sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BrendaM, Jul 24, 2011.

1. BrendaM macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I have an old iPod Touch 8 GB that I've been using without any issues for two years. It has software version 2.2.1 on it, and I use iTunes to purchase songs, movies and apps.

I decided to totally restore the iPod this morning so I had a clean slate. I was able to successfully reinstall the (300) songs in my library, and the ten or so kids' TV shows that I purchased last year. HOWEVER, the eight games that I've had on my iPod (some free, some purchased), will not sync with the iPod--I get the message that I cannot sync them because they are not compatible with this iPod.

What do I need to do to get those games and apps back onto the machine? It just doesn't make sense that they worked for two years and now I'm being told that they can't.

Thanks in advance!

Brenda

2. Indiansoup macrumors newbie

are you sure that you restored back to 2.2.1? Because sometimes when you restore, apple automatically updates you to the newest firmware

3. BrendaM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...I actually figured it out, and maybe it was obvious to some but I didn't realize that you could download a 3.1 update. So I paid the $4.95, got the update and now the apps work perfectly. Why they ran fine before without the update is beyond me, but all is good and it was worth the five bucks.

Brenda