Restored my Macbook and now it wont run right. :/

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by StarMorrison, Mar 10, 2013.

1. StarMorrison macrumors newbie

So i recently had to restore my Macbook pro to factory settings. I've done all the updates to get it where it's supposed to be, and i've gone through countless troubleshooting sites and forums to figure out whats wrong. No matter what i do, it's incredibly slow. Programs it was running before no longer run right, if at all. The download speed is horrible. Things i was downloading in seconds before, now take upwards of 2 hours at least.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before, or if anyone knows why my system is suddenly acting up like this?

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

What was the original problem that caused you to want to restore your Mac in the first place? Perhaps they are related?

If you didn't migrate your old apps and preferences, then that would point to a hard drive that is corrupt or failing. Boot to the Recovery Partition, select Disk Utility and run Repair DISK (not permissions).

If you did use Migration Assistant to restore your apps and preferences, then you may have brought over the original problem, too!

Use Activity Monitor to see if any process is hogging memory or CPU. Look at Console to see if any log messages are giving any relevant messages.