Restored Time Machine backup to new MBA... Final Cut Pro X no longer working?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by upsguy27, Mar 28, 2012.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I just got a new MacBook Air and restored the time machine backup from my previous Mac onto it. Everything seemed fine, except when I tried to open Final Cut Pro X it strangely changed the OS X menu bar to inverted black. It showed all of my events and projects while it was loading, but upon finishing loading they all disappeared entirely. I thought it was maybe an issue with the Preferences file during the restore so I used AppZapper to delete anything FCP related, and re-downloaded the app as brand new. I opened it, and again I got the black menu bar. This time, however, it showed all of my previous events and projects, but every single video is listed as missing and trying to use the app freezes it for a while before "working" again. I don't know what else to do, why is this happening?

I attached a picture of what happens now when I open it.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software such as AppZapper doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: