"Restored" to iOS 4.2 Beta 3. Won't register. Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacAztec, Oct 30, 2010.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hey guys. I torrented OS 4.2 Beta 3, and tried to install it on to my iPad. Problem is, I did a restore, and now my iPad claims it's not part of the Developer Program, and I don't know what to do.

I don't have the option to update, only restore. I've tried to restore back to 3.2.2, and I get error messages each time. Can someone help me out with this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have my UDID on hand for the iPad.

Note: I know I should not have installed 4.2 B3, and I know I'm going to get some responses stating "Go ahead, register now. You shouldn't have done that. Rabble rabble rabble." I'm really just looking to restore back to 3.2.2, as I've screwed enough up already.

Thanks!

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Put your device in dfu mode and restore to 3.2.2. There are many threads about this here at Macrumors, so please search before you post.

To put your device to dfu mode, power it off. Keep both the home and the power butting pressed for ten seconds. After that keep pressing the home button alone for another ten seconds. Do all that while the iPad is connected via USB with iTunes. iTunes will find out that there is a device in dfu mode that needs to be recovered.
    Also, download the 3.2.2 file (google it). Click on restore using the alt key pressed. Select the file you just downloaded. Your ipad will be restored.

If you still want to update to 4.2 beta 3, just click on the check for updates button while keeping the alt key pressed. You will be able to select the 4.2 update file.

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

petvas: Not so simple. I get an error each and every time I try to do this.

4. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

this just happened to my 2 week old ipad too, lol but i was kind of aware it was going to do it

bought it two weeks ago and then my gf guilted me into returning it so i did the ole "erase all settings and content" then had 2nd thoughts and went to re-activate and add all my stuff back on to it.......no dice lol so i ended up returning it and now idk if I should wait for ipad2 or just rebuy again

waiting is so hard, wish I had a firm date for ipad 2 to make it a little easier lol

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

What is exaclty you are doing then? What is the error message?

Putting the device to DFU mode and restoring it to 3.2.2 works.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You don't do a restore to 4.2 but an option + upgrade and then it will work.