restored to the wrong firmware!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yiannos9, May 27, 2010.

1. yiannos9 macrumors member

hi
    i have a 3g and my firmware is 2.2
    because my power button is broken i decided to upgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackrain to jailbreak(because as i was told its a one click jailbreak)

however i messed up and restored the phone again in 2.2 firmware instead 3.1.2
    i know im an idiot...
    now itunes dont recognize my phone and dont let me make a new restore
    is there any way i can re-restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackrain?

2. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

what you may need to do is force it into recovery mode and then restore and update" the iPhone. It should update to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and then you should be able to jailbreak at that point.

If you want to and dont know how to put into recovery mode follow this article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Download the official 3.1.2 IPSW
    Then put your iphone in DFU mode and select Shift-restore or option-restore on macs and select the 3.1.2 IPSW i

4. yiannos9 thread starter macrumors member

just a reminder..
    i cannot put into dfu mode because my power button is not working.
    that is why i was trying to upgrade and jailbreak with blackrain because u dont have to put the phone into dfu mode.

i must find a way to restore the phone again.
    itunes now say that i have a locked sim and i dont have the option to restore.

help please im desperate

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

put it into recovery. to do this it needs to be off. i also know there are some programs that do this. once off hold the home button and plug it in and keep holding till recovery. then restore.

6. yiannos9 thread starter macrumors member

the only way to do this is wait for the phone to run out of battery in order to shut down
    what is the name of the software that i can use to shut it down?

7. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

can someone clarify for me, i read somewhere that you cannot restore to anything prior to 3.1.3 as Apple have blocked it? I did try and restore to 3.1.2 myself after downloading the file, whilst i was still on the 3.1.2 bootrom and it did not work.....

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He is talking about a 3G model not a 3GS bro.
    Its a whole different ballgame.
    3GS models like yours without having your SHSH's saved cannot restore or update to anything but the latest firmware out.

9. yiannos9 thread starter macrumors member

i know how to put it into recovery mode but i cant shut it down because my power button is not working- its broken

is there is any other solution to fix this problem...???

10. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

since your iPhone is already jailbroken see if this site will help at all to power off the iPhone. Or see if it is possible through SB Settings.

http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wo...roken-lock-shutdown-apps-have-got-you-covered

11. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

This is a really minor point that won't solve your main problem, but unless you need to be able to unlock the iPhone for use on an unofficial carrier (or want to sell it to someone who does), you may as well just upgrade to 3.1.3 and use Spirit.

12. nickbarbs macrumors regular

4.0 is up.. downloading it now (itunes doesn't say 4.0 is out though, used the Lite link.)

What do i do with the IPSW when its done downloading?