Restoring a Jailbroken 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ks-man, Nov 17, 2007.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Since installing oktoprep on 1.1.1 seems to do something that allows it to be available in 1.1.2, does that mean that once you've installed oktoprep it is never able to go back to a truly factory restored state?

Thanks.

2. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I'm wondering if Update leaves oktoprep on it so you can jailbreak but Restore would wipe it off thus enabling you to wipe all traces of a jailbreak. If this is correct it seems that Apple could do a Restore before updating you to the next version (1.1.3) to ensure that nobody has something such as oktoprep installed after an update. Granted that would erase your Ipod, but if they back it up in Itunes first or put it in a disclaimer it wouldn't be a huge issue for them.

Anyway anybody who knows for sure please let me know. Thanks.

3. RyanG macrumors 6502

You can fully restore back to factory defaults. I did it right before I sent mine to Apple Repair.

4. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then it does seem that people will be stuck on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 (if they want a jailbroken Touch) if in the 1.1.3 update Apple does a Restore before doing the Update.

That is of course until someone figures out a new way to jailbreak that doesn't rely on the TIFF exploit.

5. elitexero macrumors newbie

Yes, but no matter what firmware you have on your ipod, you can always shift+click (windows) on restore and manually pick a downloaded firmware package.