restoring a jailbroken iPhone after a text-tone has been edited

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mack-o, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Mack-o macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2011
    hey guys! i've been a long time lurker and i literally just started an account here..

basically as of recent, I've been fed up with the retarded texting tones apple released and the only one that i've used has been the dinging of the glass...

i've jailbroken my phone and restored it twice before..

i want to edit the texting tones to what i want but i don't want to jailbreak unless its 100% necessary

so, after its been jailbroken and the texting tones have been edited, will the new text tones still be in my phone after i restore it?
  2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

Sep 18, 2007
    Your custom tones will be lost when you restore your phone. The only way to have custom sounds (or really just about custom anything) is to Jailbreak.
  3. Mack-o, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

Mack-o thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2011
    that sucks ass...

so will jailbreaking my phone strictly for this reason only, still slow my phone down to the same speed as someone that customized more (like using springboard and stuff)?

or will jailbreaking in general slow it down?
  4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2010
    Jailbreaking alone won't slow your phone down. Most tweaks won't either, unless you're running a 3G still.

But IIRC, custom text tones are LITERALLY days away at this point with iOS 5. If you really don't want anything else from the JB scene, why would you bother?
  5. Mack-o thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2011
    im running a iphone 4. so you're saying that i dont really need worry about losing battery life or slowing my phone down since all im doing is changing a texting tone file?

and the iphone 5 will allow custom texting tones??
  6. Mack-o thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 4, 2011