Restoring a Powerbook 3400c. OS 9.1

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Vozlov, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Vozlov macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2012
    Good day gentlemen! ( and ladies? )

I've been rumaging around in my loft and found an old mac powerbook 3400c. I remember it being my brothers, however he was forever tinkering with things beyond his understanding, and so it went, in the loft, broken.

It's actually in a good state, and whilst I can load it up it's missing some underlying programmes somewhere making it unable to do many things. No doubt a result of my brother messing around with things he doesn't understand.

I was hoping someone might be able to help me find a boot disk, and perhaps help me in restoring it to full working order. I'm loving what I can do with it, and the OS GUI is most intriguing. It's running OS 9.1 but I can't find the disk anywhere, probably thrown out years ago.

If someone could point me in the direction of somewhere to buy old disks ( it has a CD drive ) and tell me wether or not I'd be able to reformat it to factory settings I'd be eternally gratefull.
  2. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2010
    ebay and amazon are your best bet. Probably less than $50.
    I bought a 9.1 install cd for $29, just as a reference.
  3. Vozlov thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks fridge.

Do you know if that'l work for completely restarting the computer so to speak? I won't need to download anything else?

Am I right in thinking I'd need the OS 9.1 for my computer? I couldn't use a power mac G4 OS 9.1 install disc?