Restoring After Jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Winter Charm, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

I am planning to Jailbreak my iPod Touch 2g (3.0 Firmware) using RedSn0w. I have all the instructions and i'm downloading the firmware as we speak... My only question is this:

I am planning to enable the Battey Percentage Meter using BossPrefs once i JB, and i heard on several forums that if i do this, and then restore back to a non pwned version of 3.0 that i will retain this setting.

Soo.... How do i restore back to normal 3.0 After I jailbreak and enable the % meter? I realy really dont know how to and i havent found any instructions for restoring back to 3.0 - i have already done a backup, so that i dont loose any data. How do i take my Already jailbroken iPod Touch and restore it to Non jailbroken 3.0 Firmware without loosing the battery percentage? (I realized that its the only way to have it in a non JB'd iPod when people reported that they had it on their ipods and iPhones after upgrading to 3.0 without jailbreak from 2.2 that was also not jailbroken, though they had their iPod Jailbroken previoussly.

EDIT: I found this guide... can someone verfiy and tell me its correct??
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5034265_restore-iphone-jailbreak.html

2. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

what you do is make a back up of your iPod after you have the percentage meter turned on and restore to that back up. im pretty sure thats how its done. someone correct me if im wrong

3. Winter Charm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

You're right. I jailbroke with redsnOw and got the percentage meter using sbsettings. Then, I backed up to iTunes, and restorred from backup. That unjailbroke my iPod and retained the percent meter. I did have to calibrate the meter by fully draining my battery and re charging to 100 percent but no biggie :D

4. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

I haven't tried using the numerical battery display since upgrading to 3.0, but before, the percentage was never accurate. (from Boss Prefs)

It would be at 100 for a long time, and then jump numbers. 95.. 84.. and was kind of sporadic. Sometimes went back up.

5. Winter Charm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

I jailbroke, backed up after enabling the meter in sbsettings and backed up to iTunes. Then I restored from backup. I now have an unJB iPod and the percent meter works fine because it's part of te os. The first charge cycle it was sporadic like you described, but I let my iPod drain fully (until autoshutdown) and then plugged it into iTunes and let it recharge. This calibrated my meter :) now it works perfectly!!