Restoring an iPhone 6 NOT from a back-up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by junkpunk89, Dec 3, 2015.

1. junkpunk89 macrumors newbie

I was told by the Apple Store that I should wipe my iPhone 6 and start fresh (NOT restore from a back-up) in order to potentially fix some problems I have been having. I know that I can easily re-download all my apps and my photos can be saved to iPhoto, so I'm not worried about losing this data.

However, I'm concerned about access to my data from the Health app, text messages/iMessages, and contacts. Will there be any way to put these back on my phone? Does anyone have recommendations for apps that can possibly assist with this?/Are apps the best way to go about this? Also, is there any way to put my photos back on my phone (again, without restoring from a backup)? Is there anything else I should consider before I wipe my phone? Thanks!

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I can't speak for your health app data, but photos, iMessages, and contacts can be synced back to your iPhone 6 if you use iCloud after the phone has been restored. You can also sync most things back on your iPhone from iTunes. As far as getting your apps back, if you've been downloading the apps to your Mac or PC first, it's again a matter of syncing them back on the iPhone. (Which is why it's a good idea to download iOS apps to your Mac or PC first and storing them with iTunes.)