Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My phone has just slowed down to a CRAWL and everything on it just decided to run DOG SLOW. Apps would constantly crash, Safari was just unusable, and the keyboard was just a hellhole. So I thought I would restore the phone...and I plan to restore from an iCloud backup.

My issue is now that would the slowness return from restoring from backup?

Setting it up as a new phone just isn't an option because there is no way to backup things inside certain apps.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I recently had my 64 gig iPad replaced at an Apple store and it took me about 25 minutes to restore it from iCloud, in store, using their wifi.

jayenh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2008
When I restored my iPhone I'm hoping the OS file corruption doesnt return either.

The only way to know is to try. It's worth noting that not all apps backup their data to iCloud AFAIK. Hopefully someone can answer this question better, but i'm pretty sure that when i tried restoring my iphone via iCloud I lost some app data, my Shazaam history might have been were i noticed it, I can't recall. Also, apps that are no longer on iTunes will not be restored, you will need to restore these via your pc/mac, and obviously data for those apps will be lost. I used an app called iFitness which was bought out. The original app vanished and a new version appeared on iTunes (scumbag tactic to make you repurchase with the new company), i had to restore this from my pc and set up all my routines again. My logs and history were lost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.