restoring and charging after vatious issues with 2g...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Dec 24, 2008.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Hello,
    Have the best buy warranty but couldn't get a hold of anyone to ask a question(I am aware of the busy shopping time) but has called multiple times in the past three or four days and no one will even pick besides the machine so went ahead and called Apple. Battery has been lasting 4-5 hours with just music with the backlight off and has been completely freezing three different times. Been very careful with the ipod touch 2g never dropped it, damaged it anything. I am told to restore the ipod and NOT charge it using my speaker docking system. Charge only with the computer a full six hours with sleep on the macbook display and on the actual computer off. Is the computer charging suppose to be better or something? I never knew that it was to charge for 6 full hours...am I missing something? Was told that if the restore and charge doesn't work I definitely have battery issues and that might be the reason for the white screens as well. Has anyone else heard about the different charging and such?

2. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Let the battery completely die. Then completely charge it. Then restore it.

See if that helps, seems like you just need to put it through a full cycle by charging it with your computer.

If that doesn't help, go and complain at the Apple Store.

3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thank so much, I have let the battery die, restored it, and am charging it now. Turned off sleep function on my computer. I need to do that right? It just restored first and then started charging, is that ok?