Restoring and Transfering Purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrodsep, Aug 20, 2010.

1. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Hi guys. Gonna do a "restore as new" process for my iPhone 4 later in the day. And I was wondering how do I transfer my purchases when I restore my phone? I will be using the same iTunes account when I do the restore. Can I just restore and then install all the apps that are stored in app tab in iTunes? Thanks!!!

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

If you are restoring from a backup it should install the apps you had when it syncs.

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Yes.

Make sure to sync your iPhone's Contacts and such information (if you need to) in iTunes, as well as transferring any purchases (in iTunes right-click your connected device and Transfer Purchases) that may not already be stored in your iTunes LIBRARY > Apps section, before restoring.

Once you've restored and set up as new, you can sync back your contacts... and sync your apps.

Keep in mind that as you'll be setting up your iPhone as new, you won't have any of your applications' saved data (settings/preferences/high scores...). But I'm pretty sure you knew that already.