Restoring as new an syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WTF2009, Jan 27, 2010.

1. WTF2009 macrumors newbie

I have not been able to get a clear answer on this.

If I restore my Iphone as new and then Sync it but do not restore from a backup, what then is restored to the phone?

Contacts, Calender, Photos???

My goal is to remove some email addresses from autofill but not lose my contacts, calender, texts and call long.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It depends on what you sync. The only thing you can't sync is texts. Otherwise you can get everything. If app settings or game saves are important, you can only those from a backup

edit: Forgot to mention that the camera roll is also from the backup, so copy those before restoring.

3. WTF2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the contacts and calander sync to outlook. So you are saying if I set my current phone up as a new phone and then just sync it will put all of the contacts, calander, call, and app info onto the newly restored phone without using the back up?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You've got it backwards. You need to sync first, so everything is synced on your computer, then you can restore as new and then sync to your iPhone.

I already told you the app settings and texts won't sync. Also, IDK what "call info" is.

5. WTF2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool now will syncing the new blank phone erase the back up that was made or will it still be there. Just in case I need to restore from the back up.