Restoring b/c of crashing Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3kids, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 3kids macrumors regular

Apple Care tells me I won't lose everything on the phone, but want to make sure that is right. Contacts and music I assume would resync anyway, but I have different bookmarks that I don't want to have to recreate. Will everything evert back to the phone, except whatever the glitch is that keeps crashing the browser?

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

If you sync everything with a Mac. bookmarks on safari, notes, and everything else should remain backed up on your Mac to a restore file. You should be fine

3. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Have you tried a restart before a restore? Almost all reported Safari problems are cleared up with a restart, saving you a lot of time, and saves you from re-entering network information and losing your Notes.

Restore: Done through iTunes
    Restart: Done by holding the Home and Power button for 10 seconds. Don't let up until you see the apple logo in the center of the screen. It will ask you if you want to power off. Ignore that and continue holding the buttons until you see the logo.

4. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Also try erasing the Safari Cache and Cookies. That has helped me and several others in the past.