Restoring back to iTunes....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blanco, Sep 27, 2009.

1. blanco macrumors newbie

Well my external crashed so Im trying to restore my library back from my iPod but I don't want to start with new metadata. Is there a program out there that automatically places the music file in the exact place iTunes is looking for? anyone get what Im saying?..

Also is a straight copy and past from the iPod itself the best way to recover my music, or should I use a program?

The reason I ask is I don't want to lose anything like artwork, tags or lyrics.

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

there is a program that will pull songs from your ipod/iphone to your computer. Let me look for the program...just a sec

3. blanco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks HBOC, but I was asking of a way to keep metadata when I restore. Anyone know if its possible?

4. devburke Guest

Metadata is stored in the file itself, it’ll always be there. As for LIBRARY data, see HBOC’s first link...

5. blanco thread starter macrumors newbie

will it keep the playcount? alot of my playlists rely on playcount and date added/modified.

Im trying to avoid starting with a new library and just put the music files where itunes is looking for them.. kind of like nothing ever happened.

If its not possible I would just start with a new library but I wanted to see if anybody knew of a way of doing it without readding all my music.

does anyone know what Im talking about?

6. devburke Guest

Edit: Yup

I'm pretty sure it will. I used Senuti once back when it was free, and it kept all your library data, and could restore your playlists and everything. I believe this app is similar.