restoring factory set apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrsNed, Feb 4, 2011.

1. MrsNed macrumors newbie

Please help, my son got hold of my iphone 3gs and deleted half my apps! He has even deleted the app store! Trouble is, I know half the pages are empty, but I don't know exactly which ones he has deleted.

If I sync my iphone will they come back? I'm worried to do it in case it makes anything worse! is there a way to get them back thru itunes on my macbook?

Do I have to do a factory reset? If so, will I lose all my other apps? WHat other info/settings will be lost in a full rests?

Please help?!

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I have absolutely no idea how that is even possible...but, just restore from the last backup (right click on iPhone in iTunes). If you sync regularly, you shouldn't lose much, if anything.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You cannot delete the app store app, unless your phone is running a JB. It sounds to me like the apps have just been moved into folders and you can't see them. My wife does it to her phone all the time and I have to straighten it out.:D If it's not to bad, you can do it on the phone itself, but it's also very easy to do in iTunes.

Don't do a factory reset, you will lose everything! Also no need to do a restore. If the apps have in fact been deleted on the phone, and they are still in iTunes, no need to do a restore, just connect your phone to iTunes and click on your device in the left pane, select apps and "reselect" the apps that you want on your phone, and then sync.