Restoring Files from External Harddrive - cant see files in Finder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by helpmehelpme, Apr 8, 2015.

1. helpmehelpme macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have a External Hard drive that I can see via Disk Ulitity and shows in finder - but I cannot see the actual files and directories, hence not being able to copy them to a new external hard drive

When I connect the External Harddrive to my Macbook I'm getting the message

"OS X can't repair the disk "Untitled"
    You can still open or copy files on the disk, but you can’t save changes to files on the disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can."

Disk Utility says I have free space so it is recognising the files. I have Time Machine backups on this external harddrive "Untitled" that I need to critical use.

[​IMG]

Basically how do I get the files off this external harddrive before it fully stops working? I have tried rebuilding the disk with Disk Warrior but this does not work.

Thank you anyone! I hope someone can help!

2. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

Do you mean you can open the external hard drive in Finder but there is nothing in it?

From your screenshot, i notice there is a mac_drw_trial.dmg. Is it a data recovery software for Mac? If so, you may try to scan your external hard drive with this software to see whether it can find the files in it.

Please have a try and tell us the result.

PS, please do not try to repair or write anything to the hard drive and take it intact to avoid data rewritten.