Restoring Firmware Ip4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Stuart21, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Stuart21 macrumors member

Guys I have never had to restore using the shsh stuff. I had an old iphone 3g and never had to deal with it. So my question is i have an ip4 on 4.01 jb and i just want to restore it to 4.01 and rejailbreak. I saved all my shsh using tiny umbrella and it also displays in cydia that i have 4.0,4.01,4.02. So how would I go about restoring it? Do i use tiny umbrella to do this? Thanks for the help I just dont have any expierence with this because I have never had to restore when apple wasn't signing for the FWs.

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download official firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone gets stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    9) Using safari on the phone, go to jailbreakme.com to JB.