Restoring fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gusious, Jun 23, 2008.

1. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Hi guys.

I have installed in my Font Book some fonts but now i want to restore my font book to it's original state with the fonts that were pre installed with leopard.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Anyone?

Someone must know how to fix this!!:(

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

You can use Time Machine to restore it if you have been using TM to do backups.

Just go back in Time to a date when you had the original fonts installed and replace the following:

/Applications/Font Book
    ~user/Library/Fonts ***
    ~user/Library/FontCollections ***

*** This is providing that you installed your own fonts and had them placed in these locations (Check your Font Book Preferences). You should never install new fonts (non apple) in the /Library/Fonts folder.

3. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

D@mn....I have serious problem...Some fonts are installed in /Library/Fonts....

What should i do now?

The other problem is that i don't have TM so i couldn't back up....!!

Now what?:confused::confused::(:(:(

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

1. Time Machine is built into Leopard. All you need is an external disk if you have a portable Mac/iMac or a second disk if you have a MacPro to do TM backups.

2. You may just have to do a fresh install of the OS if you don't have a backup/clone of your drive (prior to your installing the additional fonts). You can also try an "Archive and Install" instead of a fresh install.

5. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

I had an idea.What if i find a font which will be from apple,check it's date "created" and then delete all the fonts that are not created in that day.will that help??

Or will i make things worse?

6. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

You may make things worse. Some fonts are part of "families" and not all fonts (even Apple) have the same creation date.

7. gusious thread starter macrumors 65816

gusious

Oh....My thought was that the creation date was the one when i installed leopard...