iPhone Restoring from Backup after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by marvel2, Jan 4, 2014.

1. marvel2 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Just jailbroke my iOS7 iPhone 5S. I used a fresh restore as required by the evasi0n team. Now can I restore from my previous backup so I can have all contacts, camera roll pictures, and other data back on my jailbroken iPhone? Or will this revert the phone back to an unjailbroken state since the backup I'm restoring from is not jailbroken?

2. alkalifly macrumors regular

alkalifly

It will work just fine, the jailbreak will stay.
    It is actually to your advantage that the backup is from a non-jailbreak state, as it means that no potentially unstable remnants of a previous jailbreak will be brought over with it

3. marvel2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, it worked thanks! Looking forward to being back in the jailbroken world again.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

5. Pawnproexpert macrumors newbie

I just jail broke my iphone 5s. IOS7 How do I get my contacts, camera roll , and other backed up data from previous backup without losing my jailbreak?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Restoring from backup does not make you lose your jailbreak

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Huh? That's untrue. If you do a restore, then it boots, and you select to restore your phone from a backup, yeah, it loses the jailbreak and it has to be re jailbroken. You're giving him misinformation.

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you're already jailbroken and you restore from a backup, your jailbreak remains. You can choose to do an iTunes backup restore at any time without actually going through the whole restoring process. iCloud backup restore on the other hand can only be initiated right after a clean restore

If you restore, then yes, it does wipe the jailbreak and everything for that matter

9. Adaberea macrumors newbie

That's why I want to use some kinds of tool that can help me download those backup files on PC, then I won't be worry about losing any data if I need to restore my iPhone from iTunes.

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

What is wrong with plugging your iPhone into your PC and making a local backup using iTunes?