Restoring from backup

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by ladytonya, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Okay, I am not normally this dense but I'm having some major trouble getting my new phone set up! I had a 6S+ running the beta and upgraded to the 7+ yesterday. I normally start fresh and did that yesterday, I activated my 7 as a new phone and installed the beta. Unfortunately at the moment I am in the middle of a massive migraine and the simplest of tasks are very difficult. I don't have time to screw around with getting the phone set up the way I like it and I just want to install my last backup from yesterday and be done with it. In my demonished neurological state right now, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that! Help!

2. ladytonya thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bueler. Bueler. Anybody? Kinda getting desperate, I don't have time to mess with this and it's really stressing me out in my current condition! Not to mention it's made my watch vertically useless because I can't restore it either! HELP!!!!!

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Choose the restore from backup option when setting up the phone. Make sure you have the 6s backed up obviously as well.

4. ladytonya thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you, you are a life saver! If I were in my normal frame of mind I could have figured that out for myself. LOL. Anyway, apps are updating as I type. Thank you so much!