Restoring from Backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by I'm a Mac, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

I jailbroke my iPhone using ZiPhone, without problems, but if I restore, people say I will have problems restoring from a backup. What should I do? I am am AT&T customer and set up my phone through iTunes, so how to I restore and set up as a new phone?

2. ajl917 macrumors 6502

I didnt have any problems setting up my phone as a backup, but the way to do it would be after the restore you choose what to do...

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Ive had to do my unfair share of restores from backups and been fine everytime :)

4. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

There will be no problems :)

5. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

I restored from backup... worked fine, no problems... yet. ;)

6. spinstorm macrumors 68000

iTunes backup saves ALL your settings including jailbreak'd application settings and various other stuff.

Don't believe me? well try it then! When you restore from the backup and put the same apps back using installer you will see all the settings are back already! without you doing anything!

In theory thats great - in practice it causes wierd conflicts that cause the phone to become unstable and non-responsive and in some cases even interfere with wi-fi connectivity.

If you have a non-jailbreaked phone then you can use a backup as it will JUST put back normal settings

BUT then everytime you sync it will overwrite the information.

7. spook macrumors regular

I read that pwned prefers to have a full clean install, so I presume that if you are upgrading/pwning a phone you will have to manually put in your phone numbers again?