Restoring From iCloud Backup Question....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbrad26, Oct 3, 2017.

1. vbrad26 macrumors member

Ok I started restoring my new 8+ from my 6s iCloud back up.
    That was at about 11am this morning and it is now going on 3:30pm.

My backup is only 675.5MB so is there any reason my phone is saying that my phone is still currently being restored/

That seems like a very long tome for not a big backup.

I was trying to download the new 11.0.2 update and it wont let me because the phone is still restoring from iCLoud backup.

I can manually stop it, but figured I would ask you all first for some opinions because to me it seems like something is up.

All content seems to be on my phone, to me it seems like at has fully restored.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Something's wrong. Usually it will do the update first and then the restore which in your case should only take 10 minutes or so. I would stop it and start over. Be sure your wifi connection is good.

3. vbrad26 thread starter macrumors member

Well, it did not ask me to update first (which you are right I believe it typically does) so I went ahead and started restoring from backup.
    Once it started doing that I went into setting to search for the update manually since I knew it was out.
    I proceeded to download it but like I said it would not let me install until the restore was complete.

I just went ahead and stopped the restore since like i said, it appeared that everything was on there.

4. vbrad26 thread starter macrumors member

I'll see if I can get another question answered without making another new thread....

My "raise to wake" does not seem to work when plugged in on my 8+
    Any suggestions?