'Restoring from iCloud Backup'

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Sir Ruben, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Since installing ios8 beta 3 the lock screen permanently says the above even though, as far as I can see, everything was successfully restored yesterday. Hard reboots etc aren't getting rid of it. Do I just accept it as a beta bug and report it? It's not causing me any issues just wondered if anyone else has this issue?

Oh also, I made the mistake of upgrading to iCloud Drive upon initial setup, I've turned this off now however I still can't see my pages documents. Any chance of these coming back at some point? Beta 4? Again it's not a huge problem.

Edit: just to add this is on my iPad Air. My iPhone initially said it too but has sorted itself out at some point.

2. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

From what I have read on this forum, once you enable iCloud drive, you're stuck with it and there is no way back to the original iCloud

3. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

I restored from iCloud on beta 3 and have had this happen. I think it is actually done restoring but for some reason thinks it isn't. You should be able to go into the Backup settings and stop the restore, and not lose anything. Just make sure you have everything before actually doing it.

4. jolux macrumors regular

I had no idea that setting was there! This has been bugging me for days! Thank you so much!