iPhone Restoring from jailbroken iCloud backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NotMyCupOfTea, Sep 20, 2014.

1. NotMyCupOfTea macrumors newbie

I seem to be having trouble finding a definitive answer to this.

I got my iPhone 6 in and would like to restore it from the iCloud back up from my jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7. I've heard the iCloud backup retains some jailbreak data and could cause some problems.

Is there any tutorials/links for the best way to restore from a jailbroken iCloud backup?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It does retain some jailbreak settings and data. In most cases it does not cause a problem as is safe to restore from a jailbroken backup.

3. NotMyCupOfTea thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, does it matter if it's from iTunes or iCloud? Anyway to delete the clutter from the backup?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It does not matter. You can delete some stuff from an iTunes backup, but it's hit or miss and generally not recommended.

5. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Was just go googling this and ran into this thread. Was just now thinking doing good a icleaner sweep and what Evers left behind will get rewritten once iOS 8 jailbreak becomes available.

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Another option would be to run iLex RAT on your iP5, which removes the jailbreak data but keeps the device jaillbroken. Then do a backup and restore that onto your iP6. It should be a cleaner backup that way, but then you have to spend some time getting your iP5 back the way you had it.