Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotMyCupOfTea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
New Mexico
I seem to be having trouble finding a definitive answer to this.

I got my iPhone 6 in and would like to restore it from the iCloud back up from my jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7. I've heard the iCloud backup retains some jailbreak data and could cause some problems.

Is there any tutorials/links for the best way to restore from a jailbroken iCloud backup?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It does retain some jailbreak settings and data. In most cases it does not cause a problem as is safe to restore from a jailbroken backup.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It does not matter. You can delete some stuff from an iTunes backup, but it's hit or miss and generally not recommended.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Was just go googling this and ran into this thread. Was just now thinking doing good a icleaner sweep and what Evers left behind will get rewritten once iOS 8 jailbreak becomes available.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I seem to be having trouble finding a definitive answer to this.

I got my iPhone 6 in and would like to restore it from the iCloud back up from my jailbroken iPhone 5 running iOS 7. I've heard the iCloud backup retains some jailbreak data and could cause some problems.

Is there any tutorials/links for the best way to restore from a jailbroken iCloud backup?

Another option would be to run iLex RAT on your iP5, which removes the jailbreak data but keeps the device jaillbroken. Then do a backup and restore that onto your iP6. It should be a cleaner backup that way, but then you have to spend some time getting your iP5 back the way you had it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.