iPad Restoring game apps to iPad Air

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
If I restore my game apps via iTunes, will my game scores be saved? Setting up my iPad Air as new and doing a clean install. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my scores on all my game apps.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
If I restore my game apps via iTunes, will my game scores be saved? Setting up my iPad Air as new and doing a clean install. Trying to figure out the best way to keep my scores on all my game apps.
I have the same question. Hopefully, someone knows the answer, specifically with regards to whether doing such a restore saves progress you've made in games.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
It should but you need to do a backup first. It will backup all your apps and settings. When you do a restore it restores all the backed up data along with settings, email settings, wallpaper etc.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I can confirm this. When I moved from iPhone 4s to 5s, I backed up via cable to the computer then restored. All of my texts, call history, game scores, and every other fine detail carried over to the new phone.