restoring instiki from snapshot file?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xjohn, Jan 8, 2008.

1. xjohn macrumors regular

Anybody still use instiki? I loved using it for a while, but it looks like it's not supported much any more.

I have a snapshot file (I think it's from instiki 0.9.x) that contains about a year of data on it. Does anyone know how to restore from this file to the latest version of instiki? I can't seem to find any references as to how to do this.

Thanks so much for any help!

2. Orngarth macrumors newbie

I was running the Mac OS X version of instiki 0.10.2 and it stopped working a few weeks ago, probably due to the mid-December Apple OS X security update. I have a lot of data on it that I need, but haven't had any luck getting at it yet. Other versions of instiki work, but they use a different storage scheme. Reverting to previous versions of ruby don't have any effect. Has anyone solved this problem?

3. xjohn thread starter macrumors regular

well, at least somewhat comforting to know that someone is in the same boat.

let me know if you find any ways to use the older snapshot files.

i just found out that the snapshots are .zip files, so you can at least get the data out by changing the extension to ".zip" and then extracting the file. my 920KB extracted to a 9.7MB text file.