Restoring iPad 2 from iPhone 4 backup?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dj95, Oct 30, 2011.

1. dj95 macrumors member

Is it possible to restore an iPad from and iPhone backup? If so would the app folder structures and data be intact? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Thanks

2. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

3. Jlrera macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you can't restore from an iPhone backup, not really sure why. you could just redownload everything although thats a pain. I guess you could use something like iPhone backup extractor (http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/) although i don't know how or if it would work for you.

4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

I could be wrong but I just saw something imore that said you can. COuld be wrong though as I only have a 4s.

5. mikepas macrumors member

It's not really a good idea as the settings for an iPhone are going to be very different from those of an iPad. I tried that once and it really didn't end well.

6. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

When it first prompts you to restore from iCloud you are offered the iPhone 4s backup along with the iPad backup. I didn't try it but I imagine it would restore whatever parts of the iPhone backup that were compatible. As I write this my apps are still being restored in the background.