Restoring iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adam135486, May 7, 2011.

1. adam135486 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, My first post, go easy one me :).

So I recentley saved up all of my money and purchased and iPad 2 (yeah im 13 years old) after a year or so. I loved it! Around the first week with my iPad, I noticed serious bleeding lights ALL around the corners of the display.
    I had read of these problems online and finally decided to wait a bit before I went in and got it replaced. I finally got it replaced today and thought everything was fine. I came home connected to my PC (which is slow as crap). After connecting I chose to restore to the back-up of my iPad which I ha made before my trip to the Apple Store. It seemed fine as it loaded 11 miniutes remaining, 10 miniutes remaining and so on. Finally, it finished so went to unlock my iPad and as i expected, my lockscreen wallpaper was there. I unlocked and wondered why my passcode wasn't required. Then Started to Scroll and there were none of my apps. On the second homescreen though, there was one of my catogories (called entertainment)and it contained only iPod and Video but none of my other entertainment apps were there. So basically I have nio apps loaded. I havent tried manually loading them because I dont know if I will lose my app progress and setting for apps e.t.c

PLEASE HELP!!!

2. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

if you backed up the ipad before restoring it, then you wouldnt lose any data saves on any games. Obviously, backup the ipad sometimes after downloading a bunch apps to save you time.

3. adam135486 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I'll Re Sync by manually adding the apps. :)