Restoring iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peterphamm, Jun 6, 2011.

1. peterphamm macrumors newbie

HI so I'm debating jailbreaking my iPhone just to try all the features and stuff because iOS 5 isn't coming until the fall and I reallly had my eyes out on that 'Mobile Notifier' thing by Peter Hajas. I'm not going to lie, kinda scared to jailbreak my iPhone but everywhere I've read said that you can just restore your iPhone on iTunes and it'll be back to normal!

My question is, I know iTunes will back up my contacts and photos, but will they be back to backup all my SMS messages? Sounds weird, but I get a kick out of being able to creep my messages with people from like months ago. I also want to be able to look back a year from now at my messages and see who I used to text and what we used to talk about! Haha hoarding to the maaaaaaax, I know, but whaatever. So that is my only concern with restoring my iPhone.

Thanks

2. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

If done properly you will not lose anything. What firmware do you have?

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I'm on the most recent version of 4.3. If install the the ios 5 beta will I be able to go back to 4.3 later if it gets buggy?

4. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

As long as it's just the beta, then yes, you should be able to downgrade at any time. That's if you can find someone to go into the beta with unless you're paying the high price to use it alone. If you're on 4.3.3 then you will have to jailbreak using Redsn0w since Greenpois0n doesn't have their break available yet. I have had mine jailbroke on 4.3.3 by Redsn0w for the past week. Pretty simple process, Just back up your phone and give it a shot!

5. peterphamm thread starter macrumors newbie