Restoring iPhone as new, but keeping certain info

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Savage, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

My launch day iPhone 4 is a bit choppy now and I was hoping if I restore it as a new phone it would become a little snappier like it used to be. However, I do not want to lose my notes in the Notes app, contacts in the Contacts app, and app data in a couple of my App Store apps. I'm using Windows 7 so I'm not sure how I can sync my notes to my computer if I needed to. Is what I want to do possible?

2. blaake macrumors regular

Are you planning on backing the phone up and then re uploading all the same stuff? or do you not want to do that?

3. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

I want just the same contacts, notes, and app data. Nothing else.

4. blaake macrumors regular

You will have to manually add them then. Because when your restore from a backup it does your messages, contacts, folders, settings, some apps, and photos

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can sync the contacts back.
    Notes and app data will be gone unless you restore from backup.

6. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

You can restore as new and sign in with your iCloud password. You will have everything contacts, notes, everything under icould you have turned on. You might want to store your pictures on your computer. When it says "sign in with icould after restore" do it. Do not get your old back up. It will get everything buggy you have on the back up

7. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

I can't believe there is no way to transfer you app data back to a new restore. I guess I'm not going to do this then.