Restoring iphone backups from a 'dead' PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidevans, Mar 21, 2012.

1. davidevans macrumors newbie

I have a fairly complicated issue here.

My iphone needed repairing, so I took a backup to a PC (running windows 7) and sent it off (in the expectation that the repair would wipe all of the data).

While my iphone was being repaired, the PC on which the backup was stored died. I now have a new PC (also running windows 7) and the hard disk of the previous PC (on which the backup was stored).

My question is : how do I restore a backup to my iphone from the HDD of the old PC (i.e. essentially a external HDD)?

Many thanks

David

2. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Find the itunes folder on your now external drive and find the Backups folder within that. I forget what its called exactly as i dont use windows now (3 years clean ;)) You should be able to copy that to your new install on your new internal drive, then when you connect the phone it should with any luck show that backup your after...

3. Eau Rouge macrumors regular

In Windows 7, iOS device backups are under c:\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Just copy the appropriate backup to your new machine and select it when you restore.