Restoring iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D3lta, Mar 23, 2008.

1. D3lta macrumors 6502a

My iPhone kept thinking that there were headphones inside the phone, but there weren't -- this made the part you put onto your ear to hear the person talking stopped working and they couldn't hear me unless I put it on speakerphone.

So I decided to restore the iPhone to see if that made a difference, but it's been stuck on the same spot on the bar for about an hour now... how long is this supposed to take?

The iPhone isn't jailbroken/unlocked, etc...

[​IMG]

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It could take awhile, although it most definatly should not take that long. Can you like, restart the phone and try again? THat wouldnt be safe...uhm...

3. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I don't know if that would be safe or not. I would call Apple, but their all closed on Easter.:mad:

What would happen if I take the iPhone out of the dock?

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Im not sure if that would do anytihng good...or bad...This is a tough situation, one i fear almost every time i update or restore my phone. Post back what you do and if it works, for future reference.

5. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

I pulled the iPhone out of the dock and nothing happened... so I closed iTunes and reconnected the iPhone with the dock. iTunes said it detected an iPhone in recovery mode or something and that I need to click restore.

It started restoring again and it seems to be stuck at the same spot again.

Could I take it to my local Apple Store to get a replacement, if things don't work out at home.

6. Jenheta macrumors regular

It's almost Monday. I would rather wait instead of braving the unknown.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Most likely they would try and restore it there, but if they couldnt, im sure they would replace it no problem. Good luck.