Restoring Ipod Touch 1G and Setting up as "New iPod". Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wylde, Aug 26, 2009.

1. wylde macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 1G back during the 2.2 software days. I didn't really use the extra features all that much, so I just restored my iPod back to regular settings. I have since upgraded to iPhone 3.0 OS. However, as I have seen in threads before, my wallpaper (lock screen) will not change. I go to a picture in my Photos app, and press "Set as Wallpaper" and I restart my iPod and it is the same wallpaper I've had for ages. I've conclude that the best thing to remedy this is to restore my iPod and when they ask me if I would like to back it up or set it up like new, I should set it up new. (I just restored with my backup, and I still have the wallpaper problem.)

So. My question is: If I restore my iPod in the "new iPod" setup mode, will I still be able to have my 3.0 OS on there, without having to pay for it again? Are there any risks that I'll lose my rights to the 3.0 OS that I paid $9.95 for? Is there any risk (other than losing my "Notes" and settings) to restoring to my iPod "like new" ???

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

setting up the iPod as new just means it will not restore a previous backup to the device..... once you have 3.0 purchased you can use it as many times as you like without being charged to restore